Afesis-corplan is collating information on Covid-19 as it relates to local governance and sustainable human settlements.
General information on Covid-19
- Community Constituency Covid-19 front: An advisory body established to facilitate civil society response to Covid-19
|IMPORTANT CONTACT DETAILS|
|Coronavirus hotline||0800 029 999|
|Domestic violence||0800 150 150|
|Childline||0800 055 555|
|Lifeline||0861 322 322|
|Suicide helpline||0800 567 567|
|Persons with disability SMS ‘help’ to 31531||31531|
|SAPS emergency services||10111|
|Crime stop||08600 10111|
|SASSA call centre||0800 601 011|
|Alcoholics Anonymous||0861 435 722|
|The Warrior Project (domestic abuse and gender-based violence)||08600 333 353|
|A Black Women Caucus helpline||068 013 7551|
|Legal resource centre||011 038 9709|
|National Water and Sanitation Covid-19 hotline||0800 200 200|
Local Government and Covid-19
- Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs – Covid-19 page
- Disaster preparedness of municipalities in the face of Coronavirus: Article by Afesis-corplan staff – May 2020
Human Settlements and Covid-19
- UN Habitat – Covid-19 campaign
- NGO submission to national Department of Human Settlements on Covid-19 and de-densification where Afesis-corplan and other NGOs warned government against prioritising de-densification as a priority short term response to Covid-19 and proposed a more phased response
- #Asivikelane video Episode 1: explains the Asivikelane campaign.
- Monitoring service delivery in South Africa during Covid-19: Provides results from the Asikikelane campaign.
- Follow #Asivikelane on Twitter [@ibp_sa] and like their page on Facebook.
- Covid-19 responses: resources for informal settlements and homelessness – a collection of articles curated by Urban Knowledge Exchange Southern Africa (uKSA).
Contact us if you have any Covid-19 related information you would like us to share.