BCMM IDP submission
The following broad recommendations where made in Afesis-corplan’s submission to the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality’s (BCMM) call – from September 2016 – for stakeholders to submit their development needs and priorities so as to inform the BCMM Integrated Development Plan (IDP) review process that will inform revisions to the BCMM – 2017/18 IDP.
- 1. Plan for and implement a Managed Land Settlement pilot project on the West Bank of Buffalo City
- 2. Implement the BCMM upgrading of informal settlement policy
- 3. Adopt and implement the BCMM Integrated Agricultural and Rural Development Strategy
- 4. Review the BCMM housing allocation policy
- 5. Review the BCMM public participation procedures and undertake a community based planning pilot project.