Afesis-corplan is looking for PROGRAMME SUPPORT to join its Cape Town team!
Afesis-corplan is a developmental non-government organisation (NGO) whose work is aimed at strengthening local governance and basic service delivery. Afesis-corplan has been in existence for over 30 years and prides itself for its resilience and the transformative nature of its work over the years. Afesis-corplan and its partners are embarking on a national programme aimed at strengthening community-centric violence mitigation and conflict management; and to contribute towards strengthening social cohesion.
Afesis-corplan is seeking to employ Programme Support to be based in Cape Town. The Programme Support will support the Programme Officers in executing programme implementation aimed at achieving the result noted above in sites based in and around Cape Town. Afesis-corplan is looking for persons with a clear track record in programme administration and coordination, and community development.
KEY JOB ATTRIBUTES
The incumbent for the position must be someone who:
- Is able to plan and execute project plans independently;
- Has experience supporting community programmes;
- Has a strong work ethic, is proactive and takes initiative;
- Is able to work within a diverse team;
- Is able to speak at least two of the dominant languages in Cape Town and knowledge of Afrikaans an advantage;
- Is highly energetic, sociable, and approachable; and
- Has a high level of emotional maturity.
- A diploma or degree in Business Administration or Management, Project Management, Social Sciences, and Development or any other related qualification;
- To assist in the implementation of the overall programme outputs in Cape Town by providing administrative and programme assistance functions for activities as per annual workplan;
- Assist the programme officers to maintain the administrative requirements/institutional memory on a day-to-day basis;
- Assist with necessary logistical arrangements for meetings, workshops or trainings, take notes for circulation and follow-up on agreed actions with Programme Officers;
- Prepare draft reports, social media activity captions and any other required documentation;
- Serve as a focal point for coordination;
- Demonstrable interest in community development work;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Must have a valid South African drivers’ licence (own vehicle an advantage)
The salary on offer for this position is a market related annual total cost-to-company offer of between R220,000 – R270,000 depending on experience.
This position is for a fixed term contract of between 11 to 12 months in line with the funding grant term.
CV’s with at least 3 contactable references should be forwarded to email@example.com by 26 May 2023.
Should you not have heard from us within 3 weeks from closing date of applications, please consider your application unsuccessful.